Stories of life on our farm in Northwest Georgia where every day is an adventure in this beautiful spot that God has entrusted to our stewardship.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

April Showers Bring . . .

Yesterday we had another tropical-style downpour with yet another 1.6" of rain in a few hours.  Let me apologize in advance to any readers who are still experiencing winter or drought.  I'm really not gloating--I'm just reveling in our soggy, gloomy winter finally being over--and I'll be wilting under our own hot, dry summer soon enough!  Apologies gotten out of the way, let me get back to the subject at hand:

April showers bring . . .

. . . lightning-dodging, mad dashes for the house . . .

. . . myriad shades of green on the trees . . .

. . . soggy sheep . . .

. . . lucky ducks basking in the cool dusk air . . .

. . . wistfully wet dogs . . .

. . . and incomparable sunset skies.  All in the space of two hours! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments so please take a minute and let me know you were here! Sorry I have to use Captcha, but I hope you'll comment anyway! Comments make my day! :)