Stories of life on our farm in Northwest Georgia where every day is an adventure in this beautiful spot that God has entrusted to our stewardship.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tug 'o War

Now that Zephyr is friends with Misty, they've started playing tug 'o war.  At first, Misty didn't stand a chance because she was so much smaller.  She still weighs less--17 lbs. to Zephyr's 25--but she's almost as tall as Zephyr and more solidly square.  She also brings her Pyr stubbornness to the game, helped by a formidable set of very sharp little puppy teeth!
Misty is also learning some tactics, like turning her broad shoulder to block Zephyr, or taking the ball under a piece of furniture so it's harder for Zephyr to get to her.
More and more now, this has become a common sight:  Misty yanking the ball away from Zephyr!  Zephyr is still faster and usually manages to grab hold of the ball again . . .
. . . but a certain gleam of desperation in her eyes . . .
. . . accompanied by frenzied growling on both dogs' part . . .
. . . is pretty much the way this game is played now!
Misty often ends up in possession of the ball with Zephyr looking to mommy to moderate:

"Make her share, Mommy!"

"No, I won it fair and square, Mommy!"

What's a doggy mommy to do?  Just take a picture and love on everyone!  And maybe try to be a peacemaker?  Stay tuned for details . . .

2 comments:

  1. Misty is just such a doll. Were I Zephyr, I'd be very jealous! Make sure you give Zeph some loving for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, Zephyr gets lots of loving. I want to be sure she doesn't need to be jealous.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments so please take a minute and let me know you were here! Sorry I have to use Captcha, but I hope you'll comment anyway! Comments make my day! :)