Stories of life on our farm in Northwest Georgia where every day is an adventure in this beautiful spot that God has entrusted to our stewardship.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Misty Takes a Hit and Makes a Hit

Wednesday when Misty went with me to the barnyard, she started to chase one of the drakes.  I yelled, "No!" but before I could get to her to stop her, he turned on her.  He knocked her down and pecked her with his bill.  Chastened, she got up and headed the other way.  Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera ready to catch the lesson, but I sure was glad it happened.  I'll take any help I can get training Misty!
After chores were done, I took Misty for her first visit with our vet and her next set of booster shots.  She made quite a hit with the vet and the staff, and while Zephyr got checked over for a lump on her side (which turned out to be a bug bite), Misty sat on the secretary's lap and got lots of cuddling.

No wonder--I'm sure the duck didn't think so, but she really is adorable!

2 comments:

  1. Misty better soak up the lap hugging before she grows up! No one's going to want her in their lap in a few months from now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, and she already is not real fond of being in laps. I think she realizes that's not a secure place for a dog her size.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments so please take a minute and let me know you were here! Sorry I have to use Captcha, but I hope you'll comment anyway! Comments make my day! :)