Stories of life on our farm in Northwest Georgia where every day is an adventure in this beautiful spot that God has entrusted to our stewardship.

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Poll Hair Poll

Some people say you can predict the sex of a calf by the dam's poll hair in the last weeks of pregnancy.  Neat, straight poll hair indicates a bull calf while messy poll hair means a heifer.  Last year was the first year I paid attention.

Here's Ebby's poll hair in early April of 2015.

She had a bull calf, Seb.

Here's Ebby's poll hair today.

And one from yesterday--or should I call it "pole" hair, as in telephone pole?

I'm hoping this year's poll hair is just a little messier and spikier than last year's because I'd love a heifer.  But let's take a poll:  What do you think Ebby's having this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments so please take a minute and let me know you were here! Sorry I have to use Captcha, but I hope you'll comment anyway! Comments make my day! :)