Stories of life on our farm in Northwest Georgia where every day is an adventure in this beautiful spot that God has entrusted to our stewardship.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Winter Wonderland

We finally got a real snow!

It started about 5 p.m., and by the time we finished chores at 6:30, it was falling thick and fast in huge flakes.  It was time for some winter fun . . .

A snowy ride would be more fun if the Doodad had a windshield, but it handled the snow just fine.

The dogs raced ahead of us, delirious with joy at the outing.

From the top of the Back Pasture, we could see the whole farm through the thick veil of falling snow.

Peaceful and still, it was truly a winter wonderland.  Sometimes I think God's creation is at its most beautiful buried under a soft blanket of snow.

Fifteen minutes later we headed back to the house, cold and wet--and thoroughly enchanted!

As night fell, it was still snowing.

I hope our winter wonderland will still be there in the morning.

P.S.  Herb just came in at 9:30 after putting Misty to bed in the barnyard and said, "You have to come see this!"

It's still coming down, and with the temperature holding at 30°, it looks like our winter wonderland might still be here in the morning.

8 comments:

  1. Looks very pretty Susan, you guys probably don't get much snow down there in your parts of the world. We are real sick of it here In Illinois.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Gordon, I totally understand why you're sick of it! I've been following my friends on the family cow board, sympathizing with being a farmer in places where it snows and has below zero weather on a regular basis. But down here, where we're lucky (and I use the word advisedly!) to get 6" every year or so, it's a fair treat! :) Are you SURE you want to farm up there? ;)

      Delete
  2. Great photos there, Susan! Not jealous of the snow, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brent. No, I'm sure you're not jealous! I know you guys will be so glad for spring, and I don't blame you a bit! But this is a once-a-year treat for us, which is just the way I like it. :)

      Delete
  3. Just gorgeous. Once a year is enough for me, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We live where we live for a reason, don't we, Debbie! :)

      Delete
  4. I agree! So gorgeous!! Loved the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gayle! It's sweet of you to say so.

      Delete

I LOVE comments so please take a minute and let me know you were here! Sorry I have to use Captcha, but I hope you'll comment anyway! Comments make my day! :)