Stories of life on our farm in Northwest Georgia where every day is an adventure in this beautiful spot that God has entrusted to our stewardship.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pray for Our Friends at Eden Farm in Wyoming

Our friends at Eden Farm in Wyoming left a comment on my blog and asked me to share this post:

"All please post that I am unable to send photos of progress. I do not know if it is satilight dish or what. just want all to know we are ok. did not make it in time for winter we have 7 plus inches holding 40% working as fast as i can to get insulation in. Made run this morning for a pallet. will instaLL TOMORROW. we are holding our own. Wiull keep in touch but can not update website so letting you know please pass on. We have solor power system in house but can not install!!! Generater I will work on next god help us if I do not get hooked up before we go dowm. Say a pryer for us i heve decided insulation is more inportant than power.
Mark & Bev"


While we are enjoying lovely days in the 70°s and nights in the low 50°s, winter has struck them too soon.  Mark is building their house, but hasn't got all the insulation up nor do they have power.  Toward the end of the summer, they were threatened by a forest fire that came frighteningly close to their property.  My heart goes out to them!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Susan for passing this along. I follow Eden Farm too and was wondering why he wasn't posting. Those two are true poineers and are having some of the same issues poineers faced back in the 1800's. I know what a worker he is I think they will be ok but will pray for them none the less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they really are true pioneers, Gordon. It's hard to believe this is actually happening in 2012 when we take heat and power and internet connections for granted. They have a lot of courage!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments so please take a minute and let me know you were here! Sorry I have to use Captcha, but I hope you'll comment anyway! Comments make my day! :)