Stories of life on our farm in Northwest Georgia where every day is an adventure in this beautiful spot that God has entrusted to our stewardship.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

That's a Lot of Bull, Part III

The next bull on the list of Siobhan's suitors is Tama Titanium. He is owned by Bar None's Dexters.  This link takes you to the page for their bulls.

Tama Titanium
Tama is homozygous for polled and is negative for the genetic problems that can affect Dexters.  I have no information about his A2 milk status.  He is very large for a Dexter, 47.5 inches at the hip at age 5. 

Although he has much of what we're looking for in a bull, I'm quite concerned about breeding Siobhan to such a large bull for her first calf.  And  genes for A2 milk would definitely be a plus.

Following are photos of some of his progeny.
Tama bull, ADCA
Tama bull, ADCA

Tama bull, ADCA

Tama cow, ADCA

Tama cow, ADCA

Tama cow, ADCA

Tama heifer, ADCA

Tama cow, ADCA

Tama heifer, ADCA

Tama heifer, ADCA

Tama heifer, ADCA

Tama cow, ADCA

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments so please take a minute and let me know you were here! Sorry I have to use Captcha, but I hope you'll comment anyway! Comments make my day! :)