Stories of life on our farm in Northwest Georgia where every day is an adventure in this beautiful spot that God has entrusted to our stewardship.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Out with the Old; In with the New! (Tuesday, Feb. 1)

Monday we closed on the East Brow house and on that chapter of our lives.  Or almost . . .  We still have to finish down-sizing from that big old house to our much smaller new one.  In order to do that, I'm putting on a new hat--that of antique dealer!  We've rented two booths at East Town Antiques, one of my favorite antiquing haunts.  While Herb moved heavy boxes and furniture for us, Kara spent much of yesterday helping me arrange the booths.  I went back this morning to finish setting prices and writing up price tags.
Several other dealers stopped by yesterday and today to say how nice the booths look.  Maybe Kara should hang out a shingle!  Now we just need someone to stop in and buy . . .
In the afternoon I headed over to Jim and Monique's to give her a hand with the children--and to enjoy some time with Charis and Kol, of course.  Charis picked a favorite book from Mimi's "Surprise Bag" to read while Mama bounced Kol.
Such a sweet face!
And another one! 

Farmer . . . antique dealer . . . grandmother . . .  Guess which is my favorite hat to wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments so please take a minute and let me know you were here! Sorry I have to use Captcha, but I hope you'll comment anyway! Comments make my day! :)