Stories of life on our farm in Northwest Georgia where every day is an adventure in this beautiful spot that God has entrusted to our stewardship.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Here Comes a Smile! (Wednesday, Feb. 2)

This morning was another morning of work getting items priced at the antique mall, followed by another precious afternoon with the grandkids.

Big sister Charis . . .
. . . was feeling a little bit sad, . . .
. . . but Mimi knew how . . .
. . . to get a smile and a giggle!  (Sorry, I'm not posting the picture of how silly I looked on the internet!)
After Kol's and Mama's nap, Charis and I joined Monique and Kol for a photo session.  This is an internet-approved photo of a fantastic gift that Kol received from his Great-Aunt Betty in Texas:  a "Peepee Teepee!"  During diaper changes for baby boys, the teepee goes . . . well, Aunt Betty, let's say "Better there than on his face!"  Thus strategically placed, it prevents the type of sprinkling accident Jim was lamenting on Facebook shortly after Kol's birth.  All I can say is, this old dog has learned a new trick!
After a late-afternoon snack, Kol drifted off to sleep again . . .
. . . although the flash of light my camera uses to focus kept disturbing him . . .
. . . until he fell sound asleep and slept, well, like a baby!
Leaving Kol napping while Charis played on the bed with Monique, I headed home.  As I zipped down the last few little tree-shrouded country roads, I could see a beautiful sunset developing through the trees.  Coming up the driveway, I saw the hay barn from a fascinating angle that left its windows and door blazing in the setting sun.  I leaped out of the car with my camera in time to catch the shot . . .


. . . and see our valley in its sunset glory.
Zephyr was waiting faithfully to greet me, so I couldn't ignore her--but it was impossible to catch both her and the sky at the same time.
On second thought, there's more than one way to skin a cat!  How about a little of the sky and a little of Zephyr?
I was glad to head inside, looking forward to enjoying with "American Idol" with Herb, but I had to make sure he came out on the back porch to take in the last burst of color from the sun.

I would say this is a day where I had my cake and ate it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments so please take a minute and let me know you were here! Sorry I have to use Captcha, but I hope you'll comment anyway! Comments make my day! :)