Stories of life on our farm in Northwest Georgia where every day is an adventure in this beautiful spot that God has entrusted to our stewardship.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Progress! (Wednesday, Sept. 29)

Herb put the tack room floor on this morning.  I think we should have a square dance to celebrate!
I helped Herb hang the first tar paper, but he did the rest himself.  We're trying to make sure no rain gets in between the gaps of the old barn siding to soak into the tack room wall and make things humid.  (In fact, Herb constructed the tack room without nailing anything to the barn siding, so when the day comes to replace it, it can be pulled off without affecting any interior construction.)
While Herb was hard at work, our electrician hung our new barn fan, and we got to try out its ability to move over 40,000 cubic feet of air per minute.  It made Herb's work a lot more pleasant!
The day ended with most of three walls up, and the only reason Herb stopped was because he ran out of plywood.  This is really exciting progress!

2 comments:

I LOVE comments so please take a minute and let me know you were here! Sorry I have to use Captcha, but I hope you'll comment anyway! Comments make my day! :)