Stories of life on our farm in Northwest Georgia where every day is an adventure in this beautiful spot that God has entrusted to our stewardship.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Beat the Heat!

Angel hurt her pastern last week and it got infected, so we brought her up to the barn to be treated on a daily basis.  She and Brandy both pitched such a fit at being where they couldn't see each other, that we had to bring Brandy up, too, if we wanted Angel to rest.



Then the forecast today called for a high of 98°.  There's shade in the barn, but not near so cooling as a grove of trees in the pasture.  So we headed to Ace Hardware to buy a fan, and Herb sweltered out there in almost 98° heat to hang it up. Now the horses can catch a breeze even when there isn't one!














They're enjoying the breeze and being each other's company without a fence between them, doing a little "mutual grooming" as they stand under the fan.  What better way to beat the heat?

"You scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours."

2 comments:

  1. Poor horses! I hope the heat is cooling off there....you're almost half way through July dear Angel and Brandy!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments so please take a minute and let me know you were here! Sorry I have to use Captcha, but I hope you'll comment anyway! Comments make my day! :)