Stories of life on our farm in Northwest Georgia where every day is an adventure in this beautiful spot that God has entrusted to our stewardship.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Catching Fireflies

I LOVE fireflies!  Yesterday evening I saw the first ones of the season, but I was too tired to do anything about it.  Tonight after we finished eating supper on the back porch, they started coming out.  This time I decided to catch them old lady style--with my telephoto lens!

Did you know fireflies have personalities?  I think these do.  This one is very precise, maybe a bit OCD, because he wanted to be sure you could actually see his shape! 
I think this one is a painter.  He looks like he flew into a Monet canvas!  (Upper right corner, in case you can't find him.)
This one must have been a dive-bomb pilot in a previous life!  I wonder, can you make a wish on a shooting . . . firefly?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments so please take a minute and let me know you were here! Sorry I have to use Captcha, but I hope you'll comment anyway! Comments make my day! :)