Stories of life on our farm in Northwest Georgia where every day is an adventure in this beautiful spot that God has entrusted to our stewardship.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Deerslayer

My aunt just sent me the most beautiful pictures of a deer that visits a cat in someone's back yard every morning.  I wish I thought that might happen here, but I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell!  Right before I opened that email, I looked outside and saw Brandy galloping around her pasture CHASING three deer!  They were darting all over, unable to get away from Brandy until they separated and ran in different directions.
Here's the last poor "dear" to escape.  I couldn't tear myself away to go get my camera until they scattered and ran out of sight.  This one came back into view just before it jumped the fence and escaped.  I guess it'll be awhile before they come back, especially if they got a glimpse of a self-satisfied Brandy prancing around and tossing her head with pride!

I guess between Brandy out there and Hero at the house, we won't be having any "dear" little visits in our back yard!  Sigh!

2 comments:

  1. So funny to hear you tell the story of B prancing around; wish we could have seen her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may get a chance yet, although if those deer are smart, they won't be back any time soon!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments so please take a minute and let me know you were here! Sorry I have to use Captcha, but I hope you'll comment anyway! Comments make my day! :)