Stories of life on our farm in Northwest Georgia where every day is an adventure in this beautiful spot that God has entrusted to our stewardship.

Monday, November 23, 2015

Our Heart-Home

Sometimes your heart dwells somewhere on earth that has nothing to do with where you actually live.  For many of our family members, that place is out in far West Texas where some of our extended family are ranchers.  They have generously shared their home with us over the years, and this semi-desert ranch in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains holds a very special place in our hearts.  It's not our home, but it is our Heart-Home.

Some of us made it out there last summer, but our son Jim hasn't been there in years.  This past weekend he had the opportunity of a lifetime--to fly out with a friend who pilots his own helicopter.

I once flew across half the continent of Africa in a 6-seater Cessna, and I'm pretty sure I left claw marks in the dashboard, clutching on for dear life.  After that exhilarating and terrifying experience, you would never in a million years get me into a helicopter!  When Jim texted us this photo, he called it "So happy together!"  While I admire the sleek helicopter, the ancient Jeep is more my speed for seeing the countryside!  However, that doesn't stop me from vicariously reveling in Jim's incredible aerial experience.  I hope the following eagle-eyed views will give you a glimpse of why this beautiful place will always be our Heart-Home.

Have you ever seen an upside-down rainbow?



The small white "dash" in the center of the photo is the Limpia house where Jim and his friend John are staying.  Those spots of light are reflections from the camera, because there's not another house to be seen.

As I look at the last photo, a chorus crescendoes in my head:

"Our God is an awesome God, He reigns from heaven above." 

Can't you just see Michael W. Smith and his band gathered right here, singing with all their hearts to the awesome God that created this place?

Thank you, Jim and John, for taking us along with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments so please take a minute and let me know you were here! Sorry I have to use Captcha, but I hope you'll comment anyway! Comments make my day! :)