Stories of life on our farm in Northwest Georgia where every day is an adventure in this beautiful spot that God has entrusted to our stewardship.

Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Milk of Bovine Kindness

This is a tribute to the three lovely ladies with whom I started my morning:

My daughter Kara who made the coffee first and then helped me milk so I could get done in time for church.  She's moving to Chattanooga soon, and I'm going to miss her in so many ways!  This is just one of them.

Our heifer Macree, without whom there would be no milk!

And my girl Siobhan.  Recently I thought of the expression "the milk of human kindness," and it occurred to me that it is a complete misnomer.  It should be "the milk of bovine kindness!"  It is by Siobhan's kindness that milk which was meant for Macree ends up in our fridge.  Every time we benefit from Siobhan's generosity, I am humbled and thankful--and marvel anew at the Creator Who made cows able and willing share their "milk of bovine kindness" with us humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments so please take a minute and let me know you were here! Sorry I have to use Captcha, but I hope you'll comment anyway! Comments make my day! :)