Stories of life on our farm in Northwest Georgia where every day is an adventure in this beautiful spot that God has entrusted to our stewardship.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

It Ain't Over Till It's Over

I thought I was done updating the news at Zephyr Hill Farm, but the animals just reminded me that it ain't over till it's over!

This afternoon I heard a cow bellowing, and just like Miss Clavell, I knew "something was not right!"  Siobhan, good girl, was looking up at me as if to say, "What are you going to do about this?"  Sara just stood in her field and bellowed for her baby.

Cash, full of paternal spirit, hung out with the naughty babies!

The Doodad ran me down there with feed and lead ropes.  I tied up Cash and his well-behaved family.  Macree got a tub of feed for letting me catch her.

Sara got a tub of feed to keep her busy.

Tundra got shooed back where she belonged.

Everyone else got some feed, and Macree got some loving.

Cash wanted some, too . . .

... but Siobhan was NOT in the moo-ood for love!

Tundra raised one leg in the air as if she was ready to take off through the fence again, and I knew it wouldn't be long till one of the calves went to visit the other one.  Then Cash came over to see Sara, and Sara licked his nose through the fence.  Sorry, Cash, she's off limits!  That made my decision easy:

Cash and family had to move!  It was easy since Macree was still on a lead.  I led her into the Home Pasture; Siobhan followed her; and Cash followed Siobhan!

Before I had finished giving everyone else their supper, Macree was already looking for more mischief.

Her parents, meanwhile, wandered off into the sunset with Cash still looking for love and Siobhan still telling him she had a headache.  Don't give up, Cash, she'll come around.  That's what you're here for, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments so please take a minute and let me know you were here! Sorry I have to use Captcha, but I hope you'll comment anyway! Comments make my day! :)