Stories of life on our farm in Northwest Georgia where every day is an adventure in this beautiful spot that God has entrusted to our stewardship.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day! (Monday, Feb. 14)

My Valentine's Day began with Herb bringing me breakfast in bed: bacon and eggs, toast and coffee.  I dined leisurely in bed while reading the morning paper, and he even cleaned up the kitchen!

Then we headed out to Lowe's and Home Depot, looking for a shed that we could convert into a new chicken coop. We couldn't find anything that was both adequate and reasonably priced, so we bought lumber instead, loaded up the pickup, and headed home.

With only the afternoon left, Herb set to work placing and leveling concrete blocks to support the new coop and keep it off the ground.

By the time we were ready to leave for our Valentine date, he had the foundation, floor and bottom plate in place.

And off we headed to St. John's Restaurant, the best in Chattanooga, for a delicious Valentine's dinner--our 35th together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments so please take a minute and let me know you were here! Sorry I have to use Captcha, but I hope you'll comment anyway! Comments make my day! :)