Stories of life on our farm in Northwest Georgia where every day is an adventure in this beautiful spot that God has entrusted to our stewardship.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Three Beautiful Things Before Breakfast!

The first beautiful thing!  And oh, how lovely it smells!  But since I can't attach scratch-and-sniffs on my blog, the picture will have to speak for itself.  (If you don't know what it is, keep reading!)
The second beautiful thing!  This is the symphony of the ordinary--morning sun, a tree leafing out, an old fence, dappled shade, and sunlit daffodil puffs in the bright green grass.  Individually, how banal they are, but together they make an incredibly beautiful scene.  Don't you want to walk on down that road to see what else is there?
The third beautiful thing!  And just one of the others that you would see if you did walk on down that road, past our mailbox, and up our driveway like I do every morning.  And this one smells lovely, too!  Perhaps it would smell nicer in my house, but if I had to choose one scent to enjoy for the rest of my life, it would be the first one--there's nothing in the world like the smell of a nice warm horse!

1 comment:

  1. Aha! I guessed it was a horse's hide! Beautiful pics, I especially like the Iris.
    Love,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments so please take a minute and let me know you were here! Sorry I have to use Captcha, but I hope you'll comment anyway! Comments make my day! :)