Stories of life on our farm in Northwest Georgia where every day is an adventure in this beautiful spot that God has entrusted to our stewardship.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Don't Chicken Out

These came from our weekend guide's "Laugh Lines" by Lisa Denton. Maybe reading chicken jokes in the morning made me look closer at them this evening, but I suddenly noticed how really silly they are!

(Gypsy resting--apparently comfortably!)
Q: Why did the chicken cross the road halfway?
A: She wanted to lay it on the line!

("Hey, girls, there's food out here!")
Q:  Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
A:  She heard the referee calling fowls!

(Somebody doesn't see Sterling pretending not to see the chickens. But hey, girls,he IS a cat and YOU are birds!)
Q:  Why did the chicken cross the playground?
A:  To get to the other slide!

(Victoria looking elegant!)
Q:  What do you get when you cross a chicken and a pit bull?
A:  Just the pit bull!

This picture reminds me of us, sometimes--we've got our heads buried so deep in something that seems important that we miss out on the moment and the beauty of the world around us.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahah, some great candid shots of the "girls"!
    Love the ones of pewter, I mean silver, I mean Silvester, I mean Stervelster...I mean that cat named after some impossible to remember mettle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chickens move SO fast! Their heads are in almost constant motion, so the shots that work are pure luck! Poor Sterling! You could just call him "Cat Thingy"!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments so please take a minute and let me know you were here! Sorry I have to use Captcha, but I hope you'll comment anyway! Comments make my day! :)