Stories of life on our farm in Northwest Georgia where every day is an adventure in this beautiful spot that God has entrusted to our stewardship.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Something to Crow About

A picture is worth a thousand words, so they say:


So minus the other thousand words I could probably write about this, here goes: One hen not imposter! Observation: Probably Gypsy.













You're a really fast reader! You just read 4,000 words! Basically: "I've got a blue-egg chicken!" eight hundred times! :) I kind of feel like Carmen! "Er-er-er-er-oooo!" And the icing on the cake is that yesterday the girls were six months old! Six months ago today I brought them home.

I'm taking votes. Since each chicken lays the same color egg all the time, how many chickens do I have laying (represented in the egg carton)? Two or three? In other words, are all the beige eggs laid by the same chicken--or not? Hopefully I'll find out for sure by observing the girls more closely, but until I have time to sit out there for hours on end, tell me what you think.

3 comments:

  1. I love the blue Egg!! What a thrill you must have had in finding it!!! I'm headed to bed, will comment more later; it's 1:20 am!! jlea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, let's see if this works? Tell me if you get this comment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, finally came through. Sorry your other comments were lost in cyberspace!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments so please take a minute and let me know you were here! Sorry I have to use Captcha, but I hope you'll comment anyway! Comments make my day! :)