Stories of life on our farm in Northwest Georgia where every day is an adventure in this beautiful spot that God has entrusted to our stewardship.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Precious Day

Yesterday was my day to babysit Charis, and we pea-ed the whole time! That is, I skinned cooked peas while Charis gobbled them up as fast as she could! She absolutely loves peas, and I love watching her eat them. She has amazing fine motor control for a 9-month old, and she can really shovel them in.

She gets very excited about her peas, and when Grandma is a little too slow getting the next one peeled, she rocks back and forth in her high chair saying, "Mmmh! Mmmh! Mmmh!" So I started saying "Pleeeease!" and "Thank you!" She didn't say it yet, but I'm sure it won't be long! :)


Once the peas were all gone, she was willing to settle for pureed carrots and squash . . . then pureed beets . . . then tiny diced carrot pieces out of my soup . . . then the good old standby, puffed organic rice--which she shoveled in as fast as I could fish them out & put them on the high chair tray.

This was all the beets that were left out of a hefty serving. I'm glad I was gone by the time that diaper needed changing! :)





It is clear that Charis loves her food and is very happy with herself after eating.






After lunch was over, we went back in the living room and played with her farm activity toy again. She LOVES music!Her favorite song on this toy seems to be: "There was a farmer had a dog, & Bingo was his name-o. B-I-N-G-O, B-I-N-G-O, B-I-N-G-O, and Bingo was his name-o." Whenever it plays, she stops where she is, even on all fours, and rocks back & forth to the music. Obviously this toy is right up Grandma's alley, too, being about a farm, so we had a really wonderful time playing. And the most special part was that I got to see Charis take not one, but TWO little steps--the first TWO she has done. I thought that was very sweet of her to save that milestone for her Grandma. Of course, she did it at a moment when I didn't have the camera out, so everyone is just going to have to take my word for it! But believe me, it all added up to make a very precious day to remember.

4 comments:

  1. Soooo Sweeeet: we just want to eat her up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like the monsters in "Where the Wild Things Are"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Thanks for sharing! This is an AWESOME blog!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouuu, I do want to go see that movie...I remember when Dad used to read it to us...but didn't he make up a lot of words to the story? I've heard there are only ten sentences in the entire Where the Wild Things are book!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments so please take a minute and let me know you were here! Sorry I have to use Captcha, but I hope you'll comment anyway! Comments make my day! :)