Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Beat the Heat!

Angel hurt her pastern last week and it got infected, so we brought her up to the barn to be treated on a daily basis.  She and Brandy both pitched such a fit at being where they couldn't see each other, that we had to bring Brandy up, too, if we wanted Angel to rest.



Then the forecast today called for a high of 98°.  There's shade in the barn, but not near so cooling as a grove of trees in the pasture.  So we headed to Ace Hardware to buy a fan, and Herb sweltered out there in almost 98° heat to hang it up. Now the horses can catch a breeze even when there isn't one!














They're enjoying the breeze and being each other's company without a fence between them, doing a little "mutual grooming" as they stand under the fan.  What better way to beat the heat?

"You scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours."

2 comments:

  1. Poor horses! I hope the heat is cooling off there....you're almost half way through July dear Angel and Brandy!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments so please take a minute and let me know you were here! Sorry I have to use Captcha, but I hope you'll comment anyway! Comments make my day! :)